Books at Amazon

alt text

You Are What You Watch on TV



My Inner Dude Comes Out

I don't watch much TV during the week.  I come home after work and get to my second job -  writing. 
So I record everything and watch what I can on weekends.
Here's my current lineup of shows in no particular order:
Walking Dead
Talking Dead
Sleepy Hollow
Supernatural
Almost Human (How Ka-Cute are Ealy and Urban?)
American Horror Story
Blacklist
Hostages
Dragons: Defenders of Berk
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Marvel Agents of Shield
Glee
Greys' Anatomy
Elementary
The Good Wife
My new fav - Super Fun Night

I think there's a repressed twelve year old boy inside  me trying to get out. 

A few weeks ago, I was in Vegas.  I was with my Mom, so no it wasn't a 'sin city' kind of trip. (Dangnabit.) We ended up in a TV show testing center. I think it was for NBC.  At this center, (it was in the Bally's hotel ) they fork over cash to whoever wants to watch a new tv show and then answer survey questions.

My Mom was all in for the cash, so we did it.  After the episode (it was for Welcome to the Family) they asked what kind of shows did we usually watch.  They had blocks of shows to select from.  The block I chose might as well had "For Dudes" above it. The only thing that was included I didn't watch was Monday Night Football.  Otherwise every show was of the male-oriented, bad-ass variety like Walking Dead and Breaking Bad - or was of totally action-mayhem-will-ensue type. 

The books I prefer to read (and write) are of the same vein. 
 So what does my entertainment preferences say what about me?
What does your TV/Book choices say about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment